|COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL & AGRI-BUSINESS|
Agri-business has become the word used most to describe a wide variety
of farming business: poultry, grain operations, irrigation, and dairy,
hog, and horse farms just to name a few. Choptank Electric is proud
to provide electric service to all our agri-business members. If we
can be of service to you concerning your farm operation, please give
us a call!
Choptank Electric has several brochures and pamphlets that are
available to you:
If you are interested in any of these booklets, please email:
- "Low-Cost/No-Cost, energy management practices on farms"
- "Sizing and Selecting Your Standby Generator: A guide for
homeowners, farmers and small businesses"
- "Farmstead Electricity Use"
- "Choosing and Installing Emergency Generators"
Other Agriculture Resources:
- Learn about the Farm Energy Audit
Program offered by the
- Maryland Cooperative Extension,
- Horse Talk Magazine,
- Delmarva Farmer
- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc.
- Electric Safety Foundation International
www.mema.state.md.us the web site of the Maryland Emergency
Management Agency, for information on emergency preparedness for
pets and livestock
- Pandemic Flu, a one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and
pandemic flu information:
- A variety of agriculture news, features, videos, buyers guides,
and other information:
- The Rural Development Center of the University of Maryland
Eastern Shore is part of Maryland Cooperative Extension. Its work
is made possible, to a large extent, through grants from the
Economic Development Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce;
and Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Farm and agri-business equipment
Attention Poultry Growers!
Choptank Electric Cooperative continuously strives to provide you with
outstanding and reliable electric service, as well as improved products
and services. Our ongoing effort is to find ways to help make your
operation more dependable and more profitable for you.
In past years, we have requested information from you about your
poultry operation. We welcome your input, comments and suggestions
that may benefit you and your Cooperative.
Over time our members' poultry operations may have significantly
changed in many different ways. In an effort to keep current with
your ever-changing agri-business, we would ask for you to complete the
Member Profile Survey ( 228 KB).
You may complete and return this survey online, or print it out and
mail it to: Deborah Rementer, Choptank Electric Cooperative, P. O.
Box 430, Denton, MD 21629.
Choptank Electric Cooperative, Inc., P.O. Box 430, Denton MD 21629
Toll Free: 877-892-0001