Agri-business has become the word used most to describe a wide variety of farming business: poultry, grain operations, irrigation, and dairy, hog, and horse farms just to name a few. Choptank Electric is proud to provide electric service to all our agri-business members.
If we can be of service to you concerning your farm operation, please contact our Members Service Department at 1-877-892-0001.
You may also email Kevin Wright (for Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne's and, Talbot counties)
Or Jacob Abbott (for Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester, and Somerset counties).
Other Agriculture Resources:
- Maryland Farm Bureau www.mdfarmbureau.com
- Maryland Cooperative Extension, www.agnr.umd.edu
- Delmarva Farmer www.americanfarm.com
- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. www.dpichicken.org
- Electric Safety Foundation International www.esfi.org
- www.mema.state.md.us the web site of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency, for information on emergency preparedness for pets and livestock
- Pandemic Flu, a one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information:www.pandemicflu.gov
- A variety of agriculture news, features, videos, buyers guides, and other information:www.agriculture.com
- Farm and agri-business equipment www.farmtek.com
If you qualify for Maryland (MD) tax exemption due to the State of MD’s tax exemption laws, to avoid being charged sales tax, please complete the following forms.
- Exemption Certification for Utilities or Fuel Used in Production Activities
- Maryland Sales and Use Tax Agricultural Exemption Certification
The completed forms can be mailed to Choptank Electric Cooperative at PO Box 430, Denton, MD 21629, dropped off at our Denton District or Salisbury Regional Service Center, emailed to our general inbox or faxed to 410-479-5594. Be sure to include all applicable account numbers on each sheet to ensure an accurate match to your account.
If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for MD tax exemption, please visit the MD State Comptroller’s website https://www.marylandtaxes.gov, contact the Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-MD TAXES, or send an email to email@example.com. Some helpful links to determine MD tax exemption eligibility are below:
Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne's, Caroline & Talbot
Kevin C. Wright
Senior Regional Member Service Manager
24820 Meeting House Road (Routes 404 and 328)
P. O. Box 430
Denton MD 21629
Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester & Somerset
Jacob R. Abbott
Regional Member Service Manager
6520 Walston Switch Road
Salisbury, Maryland 21804