Choptank Electric recently appointed Jacob Abbott as the Agriculture Representative.
Abbott can assist our members by explaining the components and dynamics of a particular electric rate and the monthly electric bill, guide members toward energy efficient technology directly related to the nature of their business, and offer advice and strategies to more effectively manage energy consumption. He can help guide members to select plans for their electric infrastructure upgrades and associated costs, as well as determine the electric costs on a monthly and annual basis. Abbott will also provide energy audits and explore opportunities to leverage funds to offset the costs associated with the energy efficiency improvements. In the future, Abbott will develop additional programs exclusively for our agricultural members.
Agriculture members in need of assistance are encouraged to contact:
Jacob Abbott, Agriculture Representative
Direct: 1-877-892-0001 ext 7701
Offices: 6520 Walston Switch Rd.
Salisbury, MD, 21804
Please consult your Tax Adviser with respect to qualifying for a Maryland Tax Exemption.
- Exemption Certification for Utilities or Fuel Used in Production Activities
- Maryland Sales and Use Tax Agricultural Exemption Certification
The completed forms can be mailed to Choptank Electric Cooperative at PO Box 430, Denton, MD 21629, dropped off at our Denton District or Salisbury Regional Service Center, emailed to our general inbox or faxed to 410-479-5594. Be sure to include all applicable account numbers on each sheet to ensure an accurate match to your account.
If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for MD tax exemption, please visit the MD State Comptroller’s website https://www.marylandtaxes.gov, contact the Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-MD TAXES, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Some helpful links to determine MD tax exemption eligibility are below:
Other Agriculture Resources:
- Maryland Farm Bureau www.mdfarmbureau.com
- Maryland Cooperative Extension, www.agnr.umd.edu
- Delmarva Farmer www.americanfarm.com
- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. www.dpichicken.org
- Electric Safety Foundation International www.esfi.org
- www.mema.state.md.us the web site of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency, for information on emergency preparedness for pets and livestock
- Pandemic Flu, a one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information:www.pandemicflu.gov
- A variety of agriculture news, features, videos, buyers guides, and other information:www.agriculture.com
- Farm and agri-business equipment www.farmtek.com