Choptank Electric Cooperative is pleased to have skilled professionals ready to address the needs and concerns of our diverse Agriculture membership. Kris Amsel and Justus Gellert can assist members by explaining the components and dynamics of the agriculture rates and how they apply to the specific nature of the agriculture business. They can offer advice and strategies to more efficiently manage the energy needs of the member as well as provide information on the latest in technology related to lightning, heating and cooling, refrigeration, equipment, and motors.
Amsel and Gellert can help guide members to select the best plan for their electric infrastructure upgrades and determine the associated costs for the improvements, as well as determine the operating cost and potential savings on a monthly and annual basis. They can conduct energy audits and find ways to improve the operating efficiency of your business and explore opportunities to leverage funds to offset the costs associated with energy efficiency improvements.
If you have questions or would like to meet with Amsel and/or Gellert, please contact them using the contact information below. As always, Choptank Electric Cooperative exists to provide you with reliable and cost-effective electricity to improve the quality of life of our Agriculture members.
Please consult your Tax Adviser with respect to qualifying for a Maryland Tax Exemption.
- Exemption Certification for Utilities or Fuel Used in Production Activities
- Maryland Sales and Use Tax Agricultural Exemption Certification
The completed forms can be mailed to Choptank Electric Cooperative at PO Box 430, Denton, MD 21629, dropped off at our Denton District or Salisbury Regional Service Center, emailed to our general inbox or faxed to 410-479-5594. Be sure to include all applicable account numbers on each sheet to ensure an accurate match to your account.
If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for MD tax exemption, please visit the MD State Comptroller’s website https://www.marylandtaxes.gov, contact the Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-MD TAXES, or send an email to email@example.com. Some helpful links to determine MD tax exemption eligibility are below:
Other Agriculture Resources:
- Maryland Farm Bureau www.mdfarmbureau.com
- Maryland Cooperative Extension, www.agnr.umd.edu
- Delmarva Farmer www.americanfarm.com
- Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. www.dpichicken.org
- Electric Safety Foundation International www.esfi.org
- www.mema.state.md.us the web site of the Maryland Emergency Management Agency, for information on emergency preparedness for pets and livestock
- Pandemic Flu, a one-stop access to U.S. Government avian and pandemic flu information:www.pandemicflu.gov
- A variety of agriculture news, features, videos, buyers guides, and other information:www.agriculture.com
- Farm and agri-business equipment www.farmtek.com